Meddy's plans with its latest $2.5M Series A
Meddy, the platform to book doctors’ appointments in the UAE, has raised $2.5 million in their Series A. The round was led by Modus Capital, with participation from 212 Capital, QSTP, Kasamar Holdings, Dharmendra Ghai (Health Tech Angel), Innoway and others.
Meddy’s platform connects patients with healthcare providers, bringing ease, efficiency and transparency into the system. It allows its individual customers to read reviews and use multiple filters to find and book the right provider for them. On the B2B side, Meddy’s platform makes healthcare providers more visible to customers, as well as gives them tools to manage bookings, and enables their marketing teams to receive analytics and patient reviews to address pain points.
Haris Aghadi, CEO of Meddy, told SME10X that “Our mission is to help healthcare providers attract new patients and improve patient experience. We improve their online presence by focusing on quality content and building modern consumer products to make it easier for patients to find information and book appointments with them. We take care of their online presence so they can focus on what they are good at – providing outstanding care to patients and improving their lives.”
Meddy has strategic plans with the latest investment. Haris shared his plans with SME10X, as detailed below:
- Our aim is to drastically increase our provider network in Dubai and Sharjah and also launch in other Emirates.
- In order to cater to the increasing demand, we are aggressively hiring across all the roles.
- We recently launched Hakeem – a new healthcare blog to provide patients with quality and relevant healthcare information. Quality content has been one of our core strengths and we’ll be doubling down on it to provide patients even more information they need to make an informed health decision.
- We are also investing heavily into our product and engineering teams to improve application performance, so patients have the best possible experience using our products.
- We will also be launching new products in Q1  that will drastically enhance the patient experience when they visit a hospital/clinic.
Speaking about his vision for Meddy, Kareem Elsirafy, MD of Modus Capital, told SME10X "We see Meddy growing to be the local champion in the GCC region as a medical booking platform. They're in a fragmented market where clinics are struggling to properly present themselves and provide the right type of information that drives potential patients to schedule bookings.”
He added, “We believe this will be an entry way to provide the fast growing GCC private healthcare market with other much needed business critical services such as revenue cycle and insurance claims management, in addition to other operational value added services."
The 500 Startups portfolio company's platform has gained significant traction in the region, having facilitated more than 100,000 bookings to date, and generating over $50 million in billings for hospitals and clinics in the Middle East. It counts NMC, Zulekha Hospital, American Hospital, Al Zahra Hospital and other clinics amongst its service providers, and is growing in the region.